After a Loss
When you’re grieving, it’s difficult to make any kind of decision. Yet making decisions regarding your loved one’s belongings can feel impossible. Whether you’re dealing with the estate within weeks of your loss, or it’s been five years, going through a box of personal items can unleash overwhelming emotions. Of course, this is all part of the grieving process, but getting support can be valuable.
I consider it a gift and a privilege to walk my clients through their loved one’s belongings. I help carry the burden of countless decisions, simplifying the physical tasks as much as possible. Together we find ways to honor the precious memories stored within even the simplest items. If you are not under a time constraint of managing the estate, I will help you process at a pace that is right for you. No one can rush grief. Rather, we will use the time to go through your loved one’s possessions as an important part of the healing process.
If you are the Executor
I can help you with the following:
- sort personal property
- create an inventory of household contents
- locate and organize vital documents
- distribute charitable donations
- arrange for packing, moving or storage
- arrange for appraisals and sale of personal property
- arrange for house cleaning and repairs to prepare the home for sale